Ashley Poteat's top 5 news sources

 Kiwifarms is one of the most interesting yet jarring information/news sites that's out there. I enjoy it because it talks about unknown internet figures as well as unknown criminals. And that's what I like about it, many of its users archive information of “Lolcows’ " and “internet degenerates” and often work together to gather evidence of their crimes involving children and animals. It's one of the few sites where the users actively report evidence to the local authorities and FBI. What's most impressive is that the website has helped get many pedophiles and zoosadists in Jail; not many websites have communities that do that.


NHK world japan is a Japanese broadcasting network and station funded by viewers. I like this broadcasting station a lot and I’ve been watching it for at least 10 years now. They host documentaries about Japan and local culture. They also update me on news happening in japan and neighboring countries. But I enjoy it mostly for the documentaries and cooking shows. 


I love my WFMY/My fox8 simply because of its simplicity and because it’s local. I usually watch it in the mornings when I want to know the weather. And when I’m not looking to know the weather it updates me on events happening in the triad like fairs, jobs, and community programs and activities. But what I like the most is the community outreach that the newscasters do. They respond to fans and longtime viewers of the show which is great in building not only strong viewership but also community.


Youtube is probably my favorite news site because I’m able to watch videos detailing various types of information and find things that the regular news channel wouldn’t dare talk about. Moving on to my last and final news source is the south china morning post. I often watch their short youtube videos detailing information about mainland china and its surrounding nations. Since it's hong kong owned it offers a different perspective on things versus something like “Weibo”. Since it’s not completely CCP owned, the information can differ wildly to something like “Weibo” where the CCP has full control.


Comments

Popular Posts